Oh nice! My first blog award!
I have been given this by the seriously crafty Faye, who posts lovely designs and photos at Buttons and Beeswax. Thank you Faye! We actually know each other through our knitting group, so maybe I should get a round in at the next meetup as an IRL thank you too!
The award comes with these little stipulations:
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 bloggers that you follow regularly or have recently discovered.
- Nominate those bloggers for the Versatile blogger-award.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
My Versatile Blogger nominations are:
A Girl in Winter – She both knits and sews (and I am totes jealous of the Colette Patterns she’s been working through recently).
Knit ‘n’ Bake – Knitting and Baking AND amazing photos of both.
Indieknits – Knitting, outfit posts and some very impressive alterations/repairs to vintage clothes.
Apocaknits – Knitting and podcasts and some pretty awesome DIY projects.
JenAC Knitwear – A knitter, quilter, and tech-editor extrordaire. The very definition of versatile!
Tom of Holland – Mostly blogs about knitting, but what knitting. Dude has mad technique and teaching skills!
Did You Make That? – Every aspect of clothesmaking is covered here, and it’s a lovely read.
A Rarer Borealis – Knitting patterns and so much more ephemera from the past. Movies! Books! Trashy TV .gifs! I just ❤ the writing style too.
Nana Taught Me How – Knitting and sewing and crafts, from Rosee, who writes for all sorts of craft magazines.
Nimble Fingers and Steady Eyebrows – A joint award to this blog run by two friends: one knits, one sews!
No Knitted Knickers – Knitting, plus lots of super-cute homemade housewares.
Knitsofacto – Awesome photos to go with the knitting here!
Knit, Read, Click – Knitting and books and delightful photography in one pretty blog.
Basically Lois – I enjoy both the knitting, and the wildlife photos. Very nice stuff!
Bleak Midwinter – Lots of movie-chat and inspiration for knitting, as well as inspiring knitting.
And finally, 7 facts about myself…
- My second biggest weakness (after bullets) is Strawberry Pavlova. I’m not kidding, I will fight you for the last piece. Come at me bro.
- I can make a ‘w’ shape with my tongue. Woo! Genetics!
- I’m a classified radiation worker (which sounds way cooler than it actually is, sorry).
- One of my all-time favouritest piano pieces to play is Echos of Spring by Willie “the Lion” Smith.
- When I was younger I totally wanted to be a tattoo artist, to the extent that I went scouting for apprenticeships. Turns out getting one is kind of like getting into Project Mayhem and I have too much give-upitude for that.
- I am quite seriously into my gin. Currently I’m all about No. 209: very smooth, very mixable and citrusy, although I prefer something with more prominent juniper notes for a G&T…
- Everything I know about make-up, I learnt from my little sister. That is not the natural order of things!